Sonic Forever

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Loving Memory of Elle Grace Kelly. Rest in peace, Elle. ♥

4 posters

Sonic Boom 2012

Nova X
    Nova X

Sonic Boom 2012 Empty Sonic Boom 2012

Post by Nova X Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:31 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAA I WASN'T THERE B-BUT....

Judging by various news sites and buddies who did go it was amazing oh gosh

http://www.sonicretro.org/2012/07/sonic-boom-2012-the-aftermath/

Bunch of the new stuff is in here, but I'm most hyped for Wreck-it Ralph and Sonic speaking and and this movie needs to come out sooner

;__;
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Sonic Boom 2012 Empty Re: Sonic Boom 2012

Post by Okuu Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:41 am

Wait, there's a convention for nerdy Sonic fans like us now? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
    Lemme guess, cosplay everywhere.
    If so, HELL YEAH! GUITAR! COSPLAY!
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:23 am

There's been conventions like those are a few years now actually. And a downloadable version of SA2.......hm interesting.
    Nado13579
    Nado13579

Post by Nado13579 Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:11 am

Haven't gone to any kind of convention yet. I want to. ;~;
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:46 am

Nado The Rabbit wrote:Haven't gone to any kind of convention yet. I want to. ;~;

Same, it would be cool.
    Nova X
    Nova X

Post by Nova X Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:08 am

Yess, theres actually Summer of Sonic in London that's been going on for like....5 years now? This is Sonic Boom's second year

/anyway/

I just went to my first convention a few weeks ago and....it was grand, if any of you guys get the chance I'd really encourage you to go ;u;

I actually plan on going to either Sonic Boom or SoS in the next year or so....so hopefully I'll actually be able to give some insider pictures myself C:
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:19 am

The only major geek convention within the last five years that I know of that has occurred within fifty miles of where I live in the last five years was DragonCon in Atlanta. Between Howard Taylor, Hunter Cressall (I think), and William Shatner, I wish I had the money to attend it.
    Nova X
    Nova X

Post by Nova X Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:07 am

Actually, at least in my experience, big cons are usually free to go into, you just need to pay for a pass to get into panels, contests, play games, get into the big vendor room, etc. It's usually free to just walk around and see the cosplays, go to artist tables, etc.

....At least thats around here so :'D.....It's really worth it if you pay tho alsdfkjasd (I'm guessing more focused and smaller cons have to charge money since they need an income for money tho alskdjfa)
    Nado13579
    Nado13579

Post by Nado13579 Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:41 am

Gahh, I want to go to SoS so badly! I wanna cosplay! And I'd want to see one of the "Sonic _____ In Brief" episodes there. XD I ADORED the one for Heroes. ("We're off to see the Eggman, the awful egg-shaped man...") And that one for SA2 has a scene that made it in my signature. ("Shadow, get a place in Paris...")

There was an anime con in my city about two months ago. My friend went there and met Vic Mignogna. I'm jealous. ;~; I wanna go to a con!!

Aren't cons VERY crowded though? I am absolutely NOT comfortable in crowds. Or small spaces. And cons seem to be full of those. >__>;
    Nova X
    Nova X

Post by Nova X Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:27 am

Nado The Rabbit wrote:
    Aren't cons VERY crowded though? I am absolutely NOT comfortable in crowds. Or small spaces. And cons seem to be full of those. >__>;

It honestly depends on the con.... the one I went to was /insanely crowded/ BUT..... it's also (at least it claims) the oldest Anime con in the US and the biggest in my state. However it was hosted across like, three hotels, so there was plenty of little pockets to take breathers in (just a tip: if there's anime-watching rooms those are good places to take breathers from the crowds and naps C: )

So it just depends on the size of the con and where it's hosted really, alot of places have homepages where you can see how big the crowds are and where they're going to be hosted so you can get an idea of what to expect....

I will say I've noticed Vic Mignogna seems to go to a /ton/ of cons.....
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:11 am

Nova, the tickets for DragonCon down here were over $50 each. I highly doubt my mom would pay THAT much money for something that my baby half-brother DEFINITELY would get cranky over. Not to mention the fact that my sister wouldn't be amused. Too bad, too. I would have loved to meet William Shatner and Howard Tayler.
    Nova X
    Nova X

Post by Nova X Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:42 pm

Daniel the Hedgehog wrote:Nova, the tickets for DragonCon down here were over $50 each. I highly doubt my mom would pay THAT much money for something that my baby half-brother DEFINITELY would get cranky over. Not to mention the fact that my sister wouldn't be amused. Too bad, too. I would have loved to meet William Shatner and Howard Tayler.

I actually looked that up and it seems like they had rather good reasons for that....(harassment, people off the streets they didn't want in) yet I also saw they were allowing people to go around in the morning just not the evening hours? I dunno I wasn't there so I can't say for sure @_@""

Also you can usually look up a list of cons or lurk on con message boards to find one that fits you.... I noticed that big cons outside of my state aren't as free-to-go as I thought- but alot of medium/smallish ones are still and often enough those are more quiet and suited for younger people

Either way, you don't have to go, it's just something neat to check out and make buddies at if/when you have/get the time and money to do so c:

(I mean, I didn't even go to a con till the weekend after I graduated so...^^")
    Nado13579
    Nado13579

Post by Nado13579 Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:43 am

Well that's good, then. I'm one of those people who REALLY, and I mean REALLY needs my space. So it's good to know there are places where I could get a little of my own air. ^__^

After reading Dramacon they look insanely crowded, but really fun too! (Tons of crazy stuffs going on there too) :3 That's it, the next one that comes to my town, I'm GOING! Very Happy
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:21 am

Yeah, I'm one of those kinds of people who tends to go "lone wolf" and avoid people in general. They generally drive me crazy, and this is my main reason for trying to avoid them.
    Nado13579
    Nado13579

Post by Nado13579 Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:47 am

I'm the crazy energetic one with my friends but when I'm with people I don't know or I do know but don't really talk to... I'm the awkward one.

Actually... When I'm in a crowd I just start freaking out inside going "People. THERE'S PEOPLE HERE." You can bet I was freaking out when I went to a concert where there were no seats so you were basically in a massive crowd of people running and jumping. Without a single centimeter of my own space. You can bet your *** we had to run to the back due to my claustrophobia so I could breathe. >__>; I need my space, man. And I don't like people with lots of people.

I'm probably the only Canadian here, but if there happens to be others that ever hear of a con in Ontario let me know. :3 Lawl.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 2:16 am