Sonic Forever

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Loving Memory of Elle Grace Kelly. Rest in peace, Elle. ♥

5 posters

So how'd you come across the games starring our favourite blue hedgehog?

Nado13579
    Nado13579

So how'd you come across the games starring our favourite blue hedgehog? Empty So how'd you come across the games starring our favourite blue hedgehog?

Post by Nado13579 Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:12 am

Well with so many Sonic shows and games, there's bound to be a hundred ways to have introduced to Sonic. How'd you become a fan? (WARNING: Long post ahead.)

I do remember pretty much always knowing the character, but not very much about him or the franchise. Then I remember when I was five I was on a trip and my cousins and I were just flipping through the TV, looking for something to watch. Then Sonic SatAM came up and we set the remote down. It was the episode "Sonic Racer" where Robotnik challenges Sonic to race some of his robots, including one just as fast as him. (Yes, this was the episode with the "One-eyed snake" line) I thought it was a pretty cool show, and a while later we watched another episode "Hooked On Sonics" where Antoine tried to impress Sally by fighting Robotnik.

A year later some of my cousins came to visit us and they, my sisters, and I wanted to know what to play so we pulled out our old Sega Genesis and played Sonic 2. It was MY first time actually playing, and for some reason I always wanted to play as Tails whenever we did two player. I even ended up saying "Tails is cute." Which led to everyone aww-ing and I was red and looking down, just getting my first crush. Embarassed

Afterwards we stopped playing Sonic and I forgot all about my love for it. In third grade, my cousin(one of the two who had visited) did show me an online flash Sonic game that I played from time to time(and I still played as Tails most of the times) but that was about it. But then I saw Sonic SatAM on TV again, but forgot all about seeing it at five. It felt brand-new to me and I loved it. It was dark, edgy, and just plain awesome. I did also get to see The Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog a few times as well, and loved it, but not nearly as much as I loved SatAM. And throughout the years I saw some Sonic X here and there but was never really into it.

Then a short bit afterwards my sister bought Sonic Heroes for the Playstation 2 and I LOVED it, my favourite teams being Sonic and Dark. I played it up until fifth grade where I pretty much forgot about it again. But a year later I had Sonic Rush Adventure, which I would play at times, but not very much.

Fast forward to eighth grade where I'm at now. About five months ago I decided to give Sonic X a try from the start. I instantly fell in love. I remembered watching those episodes of SatAM and AoStH(I even remembered which episodes they were before even coming back to them), and saw Sonic Underground which I realized I saw on TV when I was younger. I got back into playing Sonic Heroes, and I'm looking for my Genesis for Sonic 2. I'm getting into some more games and I'm a bigger Sonic fan than I ever thought I'd be. Smile

So tell me, how'd you fall in love with the franchise?
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

So how'd you come across the games starring our favourite blue hedgehog? Empty Re: So how'd you come across the games starring our favourite blue hedgehog?

Post by Okuu Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:14 am

I have memories of my parents playing Sonic 2 against each other on one of our two Genesi (or whatever the plural form of Genesis is) dating back to roughly 2000 or 2001. It was the first video game I ever played that I can remember. Therefore, I guess it is only natural that I love it.

The second video game I ever played was StarControl for the Genesis, and it was fun to go up against my dad on it. We still have it, and I do occasionally play it. Third was Pokemon Red, and I have been a fan of the franchise ever since. I quickly mastered it, and have loved that style of RPG since I first played it.
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

So how'd you come across the games starring our favourite blue hedgehog? Empty Re: So how'd you come across the games starring our favourite blue hedgehog?

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:35 pm

I came across Sonic when my aunt got a Genesis and I played it one visit over her house years ago. Ever since I've been a Sonic fan. I remember playing Sonic 3 & Knuckles along with Sonic R all the time on my PC. It was fun playing the classics and I'd love to play them again someday.
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:09 am

I know of a few legal multi-system cartridge consoles. One of the ones I have does NES, SNES, and Genesis games, and, despite being urinated on by one of my dogs on more than one occasion, works quite well.
    Edward the Ghost Neko
    Edward the Ghost Neko

Post by Edward the Ghost Neko Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:16 pm

I blame my brother for getting me into the series... My very first game was on a SEGA Genesis, Sonic the Hedgehog 2. He'd always let me play as Tails but never tell me how to play just so he could win.
    After we lost the AC/DC outlet, we switched to other consoles... My neighbor Gerard would let me play his SEGA Dreamcast. This is how I got into Sonic Adventure.
    After keeping it off my mind for the longest time, I saw a commercial for Sonic Heroes... And I thought, "Well, geez, that looks cool!" It got me back into the series, and I've been a fan since.
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:11 am

One thing I remember was I always had a feud with my older brother of who played as Sonic in the games until SA2 was released. He became a fan for Shadow and I was like, "Yes, win!!!"
    Nado13579
    Nado13579

Post by Nado13579 Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:32 am

Am I the only one who always CHOSE to play as Tails...? Lol.

And to Rhys, that's awesome :p After so long you finally got to play as Sonic! Heh but I don't blame your brother, Shadow IS pretty awesome.
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:36 am

He was awesome till later on. I believe he was incredible as a character till around his game being released or after in Sonic 06. SA2 and Sonic Heroes still kept his character as mysterious. But people have their own opinions on him and I'd think he'd still make a good character if they went back to Shadow fighting Sonic more in future games like in SA2.
    Nado13579
    Nado13579

Post by Nado13579 Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:30 am

True. All I really know about his past is what I think was explained in SA2. I haven't played it yet(I'm looking for a Dreamcast) but I do know the important facts from it. And I heard of how Shadow's past in completely explained in his game, which does lost his mysteriousness. But oh well, Shadow is still awesome.
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:19 pm

Not to some portion of the fanbase. You could also get SA2 on Gamecube for the Gamecube/Wii but I appreciate you going old school with that choice.
    Nado13579
    Nado13579

Post by Nado13579 Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:03 am

I might get a GameCube someday but I'm not looking for one now since I'm already trying to get two consoles right now.
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:59 am

You can easily get a Wii since it plays both Wii and Gamecube games.
    Nado13579
    Nado13579

Post by Nado13579 Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:47 am

Well I have a Wii. Smile Since I do want to get a lot of vintage consoles though I might still get a Gamecube someday though. XD It's just not now because I'm already trying to get two.
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:38 am

Sometimes the Goodwill in my town has one in stock, but we never get one because one of two factors is always in play. Specifically, it either is missing some of the cables or my dad doesn't have the money. I've played SA2 on my friend's Dreamcast, and it is a good game, although some parts of it are extremely hard.
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:00 am

Eh, my old GameCube's gone. I might keep my PS2 though.
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:13 am

The GC is good, although the only games I have played on it are Final Fantasy 1 & 2.
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:15 am

Too many games to name for the GC. I just played Animal Crossing: Population Growing early.
    Nado13579
    Nado13579

Post by Nado13579 Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:09 am

Rhys the Porcupine wrote:Eh, my old GameCube's gone. I might keep my PS2 though.

I think you should keep the PS2! It's so much fun! ( unless you don't play on it anymore)
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:14 am

Ever since I got a PS3, I haven't played it lately. There's still games I would play though. Kingdom Hearts is one of my favorite PS2 games.
    Nado13579
    Nado13579

Post by Nado13579 Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:28 am

I never actually played Kingdom Gearts, but I want to give it a try. Isn't it the one where the main character looks like Chris Thorndyke? XD
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Yes, you're referring to Sora. XD And by the way, typo. Its Hearts not Gearts. XD
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:37 am

If memory serves me correctly, a PS1 or PS2 game can be played on the PS3, so there's not much point to keeping your klunker gaming system except as a backup for if the PS3 bites the dust.
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:48 am

I haven't honestly tried putting a PS1 or PS2 game into my PS3. I probably should though.
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:34 am

It should work. If my memory serves me correctly, Star has or at least had two PS1's, one of which is basically useful only for cannibalizing parts from when a part on the other breaks, and uses his PS2 for the games for them, and only uses the working PS1 when his PS2 breaks.
    Nado13579
    Nado13579

Post by Nado13579 Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:15 am

Really? I heard the disks for the PS3 are much smaller though.

And gaaaahh, I wrote that when I was on my iPod, and I have the WORST spelling mistakes on there. Facepalm Kingdom "Gearts"... the one time I actually want autocorrect to do something...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:20 pm