Sonic Forever

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Loving Memory of Elle Grace Kelly. Rest in peace, Elle. ♥

4 posters

Minecraft

Luca
    Luca

Minecraft Empty Minecraft

Post by Luca Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:20 am

Minecraft is a very popular indie PC game. Before it began costing money, it had already had 1 Million downloads. As of it's completion, nearly 5 million copies were sold. You download it by paying about 30$.
    In the basic story mode of the game, called Survivor Mode, it will basically plop you down in the middle of an exstensively expanse 8-bit 3-D world. From here, you survive, while basically building whatever you want, while avoiding dangerous enemies. You have a hunger bar and a health bar, which you are given to maintain. You go around, exploring and destroying blocks to gain what they have inside. You use what they have inside to craft valuable items to help you on your way.
    Examples- Destroying Trees will usually gain you wood pieces, with which you can craft swords, pickaxes, crafting tables, and so on, yet wood is usually the weakest of most materials.
    The enemies of MC Only spawn in darkness, so it's highly known to carry torches with you, placing them when you can to avoid darkness.
    MC runs on a 24 minute day, as 1 minute in real life equals 1 hour in the Craft world. 12 minutes of light, 12 minutes Of light. During your first day, it is extremely important to craft a shelter. The basic shelter contains all 4 walls, a bed, torches, and a roof. That's only a starter shelter, though, as you must, when you can, fill it, reinforce it, and install extra walls, for the enemies, as I said earlier, spawn only in dark. Can you make the connection? Enemies can easily break through a simple shelter, like the annoyingly popular Creeper, which will immediately head toward you. You know to run when you hear it's trademark hiiiisssss, as it will blow itself up after a bit.

Multiplayer/Servers-
    The Multiplayer Part is what makes MC all the more fun. Having friends nearby and talking to them via Skype is really fun.
    Servers are basically worlds that people can join, and are run and owned by the administrators of the server.

Xbox- As of November 18 of this year, Minecraft was complete. A plan for XBox and other systems release was stated.

All in all, minecraft isn't much of a storyline as much of a creative-minded game. It involves a whole heck of a lot of strategy to keep yourself alive in Survival Mode.

Classic Mode, however, changes that.
    Classic Mode is the only free part of minecraft, as it is outdated and old, only letting you fly around a nearly infinite world, placing and removing blocks as you want, as unlimited blocks are available. There are no NPC villages, no enemies, and no crafting.

The Nether-
    The slightly ominous other dimension is hard to reach. It's a dark, lava and enemie mob filled dungeon like world. In this dimension lie the evil Ghasts, and it is filled with mobs (groups of enemies). It also, however, contains a special block that is only able to be mined there.

Herobrine-
    A legendary rogue software. It appears as the default skin of an avatar, only without pupils.
    Creepy, yes. When you see it, it will only appear in the peripheral vision of your avatar. It leaves pyramids of Nether Dimension blocks behind. He has been presumably fixed in the final version. There are mods, however, can let you summon him by building a special altar made of Gold, Nether Blocks, and Torches. Made correctly, he will appear in the flames, say something along the lines of, "I'm watching you," then set you on fire, killing you.

Mods-
    Mods are, well, Modifications to the Game. Some allow guns, some summon the legendary herobrine. Texture packs, weapon packs, and more are all able to be downloaded to change certain areas in the game.

Minecraft- Pocket Edition
    This one's the only one I own, as a matter of fact. I only know all I'm telling you because of research, YouTube, and MineNerd friends. MC:PE is a portable classic mode, with no enemies, no nothing. Unlimited blocks. Except here, you can only visit friend's worlds using wireless.

That's all I know to start with. I'll post more later, if there's more to say.
    All in all, minecraft is well worth the thirty dollars.
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Minecraft Empty Re: Minecraft

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:40 am

I've seen videos on YouTube of Minecraft. Looks fun to play. I wouldn't mind giving a shot sometime in the future.
    Luca
    Luca

Post by Luca Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:25 am

I'd recommend it. If you want to try it out for free, I believe you can go to Minecraftforfree.com to try it out in-browser for free, to see if you like it.
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:05 am

LucaSonic wrote:I'd recommend it. If you want to try it out for free, I believe you can go to Minecraftforfree.com to try it out in-browser for free, to see if you like it.

That's most likely a demo I'm guessing. I'll try it sometime during the holiday break.
    Luca
    Luca

Post by Luca Fri May 11, 2012 11:23 am

Most likely gravedigging, but this didnt need a new topic. Minecraft for the XB360 was released on the 9th. For 1600 Microsoft points, i believe. It is starting on beta 1.6 and will work its way to the current PC version, 1.2. And so on. This makes me encourage giving it a try even more. I and my friends have been playing it forever, and since with a new world comes brand new fun each time, it never gets old. Try it. Please.
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Sat May 12, 2012 10:48 pm

I used to play a fairly similar online game called Roblox. However, the graphics were a bit more smoothed, and the point was to basically get as many kills as humanly possible. This, of course, has led to several skill-free idiots using something called "Speed Hack" that increases your movement speed in-game, allowing you to dodge even the fastest missiles on a moment's notice.
    Luca
    Luca

Post by Luca Sun May 13, 2012 8:06 am

Only minecraft can be played offline after being played online at least once. And it isn't an mmo.
    Nado13579
    Nado13579

Post by Nado13579 Tue May 15, 2012 7:58 am

I heard it's a lot of fun. What do you do in it?
    Luca
    Luca

Post by Luca Wed May 16, 2012 8:39 am

Survive, build, mine, craft, tooooo much to list.
    Watch some YouTube fan made trailers and lets plays for it. They will be able to explain better than I can.
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Thu May 17, 2012 1:15 am

Punching trees gives me wood.
    Luca
    Luca

Post by Luca Thu May 17, 2012 5:26 am

Yes. It does. I take it you watched some vids?
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Thu May 17, 2012 7:09 am

Yes I have watched videos. I watched a guy do a Lets Play video of his progress. Quite interesting it was.
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Thu May 17, 2012 9:34 am

Never watched any videos of it. Just know the meme.
    Luca
    Luca

Post by Luca Thu May 17, 2012 9:37 am

Yeah, it's an interesting game. DANIEL. WATCH A GUY NAMED CAPTAINSPARKLEZ DO HIS LET'S PLAY OF IT. He is so hilariously awesome.
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Thu May 17, 2012 9:56 am

No, thanks. My internet is crap, so watching videos on YouTube is a no-go. This is due to our crappy speeds and our decision to not buy into AT&T's U-verse crap, where we'd no longer have the stupid data cap.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:21 pm