Sonic Forever

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Loving Memory of Elle Grace Kelly. Rest in peace, Elle. ♥

5 posters

Sonic Reboot?

Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Sonic Reboot? Empty Sonic Reboot?

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:41 am

Okay, before people go nuts, this "reboot" so far has been named only as a rumor. SEGA might be considering ideas on how to please the Sonic franchise and fanbase but there's nothing really to backup facts on the possible reboot at this point in time. Now ideas of this reboot would be that SEGA would start completely from scratch, possibly removing certain types of characters (Except for Sonic and Eggman of course) or possibly giving the characters redesigns. Any sort of idea involving gameplay, level designs, and the characters in general would be affected by this reboot if SEGA decides to make a change. What do you have say about this topic?
    Edward the Ghost Neko
    Edward the Ghost Neko

Sonic Reboot? Empty Re: Sonic Reboot?

Post by Edward the Ghost Neko Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:45 am

It's SUCH a rumor. I discredit it.
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:53 am

Who knows, yeah it would of be a waste for SEGA to have the reboot. After all the games and characters they added into the franchise.
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:54 am

OH, GOD! FINALLY TIME TO GET RID OF ALL OF THESE USELESS UNIMPORTANT CHARACTERS (I hope)! I can't wait to play S3&K the way they should have done it: One game, one cart. And let's hope they change Hyper Sonic so he does not cause seizures! Also, let us see if they do the right thing and do NOT introduce any more characters from this point forward!
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:17 am

I doubt this reboot will happen. Since SEGA is already making Episode 2 for Sonic 4.
    Nova X
    Nova X

Post by Nova X Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:42 am

Apparently SEGA is going through financial problemos so I'm not really surprised to hear the rumors flying everywhere (As big as this one is)

I don't really see much sense in this as they just got alot of positive responses from the series now; and of all things I heard they're thinking of going the Skylanders route....aaaaaa

I just see negatives all around and if they are going through such tough finacial problems I just don't see sense in restarting. Maybe if it was doing REALLY bad and nothing was selling but now....eh

Who knows though, I just really hope this is not true :c I love the series the way it is now.
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:46 am

True Nova, I heard workers of SEGA of America were laid off. They're game testers I believe so now SEGA has to have SEGA of Europe test the games at their headquarters. Yeah SEGA's starting to get better slowly, they just have to make the right choices and be cautious for the company and Sonic's future.
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:57 am

I still think they had too many blasted characters...
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:03 am

There's only a certain number of characters they should keep. The main ones: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Rouge, Eggman definitely should stay. Well I don't know what you think of Rouge but. XD Its just SEGA should include Sonic along with his friends in games but not drastically change the play style. They had Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles have the same gameplay back in Sonic 3 & Knuckles given the exception of Tails being to fly and for Knuckles to climb and glide. They should just let Sonic keep the boost and let everyone else have their own abilities.
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:29 am

My thoughts on Rouge: Useless in most cases. Kill her, so to speak.
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:44 am

Eh, I'm not sure. If this reboot does happen, we wouldn't know what to expect.
    Nado13579
    Nado13579

Post by Nado13579 Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:36 am

I really hope Sega doesn't do this and that it's just a rumour. Sega's actually doing well now, and it really would be a waste of 20 years to do this. Sad It just wouldn't be right.
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:13 pm

Well yeah, but they're having financial problems from what I read earlier. If they decide on a reboot, it'll most likely occur in 2014. Remember, that's an IF folks.
    Nado13579
    Nado13579

Post by Nado13579 Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:35 am

If they were to reboot, then no matter what I know I will always prefer the series we have now. Okay, it's had it's ups and downs, but it's the series I loved my whole life and I'm growing up with it now. I won't ever forget it. Let's just hope this reboot isn't true.
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Very unlikely. SEGA deciding to do a reboot would probably be the worst idea they could EVER do at this point.
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:02 am

Yeah, but it would basically make their extremely stupid mistakes of the past essentially null and void. Nobody would miss Big the Cat, Elise, Omochao, and all of those other stupid and useless characters. Plus, maybe it would be wise for them to just wipe the events of '06 from the continuity.
    Nado13579
    Nado13579

Post by Nado13579 Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:47 am

But remember that those useless characters aren't the main characters. How many games has Big been in? Like... four? And Omochao may have been in a lot of games and we hate him for it, but he doesn't come in as a main character in any of those games. Sure, he made me want to throw my controller towards the wall during Heroes(which I did when I kept on dying at one level, but it wasn't Omochao's fault) but I just reminded myself he wasn't in the main story and thanked Sega. And Big does have a few fans out there. Very few, but they do exist.
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:27 am

How could ANYBODY like Big's storyline in Adventure? I swear, the whole idea for his bosses should have been scrapped altogether.
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:21 am

Agreed I didn't like Big's game-play, but the ending in 06 erased the events from ever happening, so 06's story didn't happen even though the game itself wasn't good at all. Doing a reboot after ALL the GOOD games SEGA's released in the past as well as the main characters would cause an uproar of the Sonic fanbase and perhaps end the fanbase's confidence and trust in SEGA to never play a Sonic game again. I sure wouldn't want that resting on my shoulders if I was SEGA. The company has to listen to the cries from the fans more than ever and make smarter decisions.
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:05 am

You know, you just identified the main difference between two different parts of the entertainment industry, more specifically, comic books and video games. You reboot a comic book franchise, and barely anybody gives a rat's rump. Basically, the "First rule" of Comic Book reboot is "Don't talk about the Reboot." You reboot a video game franchise, and everybody in the fandom gets their panties in a wad. Basically the "First Rule" of the Video Game reboot is "Gripe about how your favorite storyline from the series just became non-canon."
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:43 am

Well fans are like that in some cases, especially Sonic fans. SEGA's obviously working on new games like Sonic and All Stars Transformed and Sonic 4 so making a reboot now would be pointless. The economy nowadays is tough for a lot of people and now its starting to hit SEGA, so hopefully things will get better for SEGA and Sonic overall in the future.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content