Sonic Forever

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Loving Memory of Elle Grace Kelly. Rest in peace, Elle. ♥

5 posters

Site Games

Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Site Games Empty Site Games

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:40 pm

The site games are getting way too many posts than other forums. Yeah I only posted out of boredom but other sections need more attention. Don't feel like I've been giving enough backbone to being an admin but now I should. Members might not like it but its got to be done. Every member and I mean EVERY member should help post in other forum sections. I made good amount of topics that don't get activity, mainly ones based on the Sonic games or characters. Help this site by not just coming in the ChatBox. It doesn't help bring posts and keep the forums active. If it continues the ChatBox might even be taken down. The site games section is forbidden until the staff agrees so. Any new topics posted in the site games will either be locked or deleted. This is a wake up call so I hope you're listening. Lets get this started. - SF Staff
    who?
    Triple Trouble
    Triple Trouble

Site Games Empty Re: Site Games

Post by who? Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:14 am

This is why I rarely post in the game topics anymore, I can help post in the other topics.
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:40 am

Moriah the Hedgehog wrote:This is why I rarely post in the game topics anymore, I can help post in the other topics.

Thank you Moriah.
    Technic Generation
    Technic Generation

Location : Far to the north, where a ruined castle lies and a dungeon of wealth and ruin sleeps beneath.

Post by Technic Generation Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:40 am

In my opinion, you might want to go ahead and proceed to disable the box of chat sooner than later. It gets the most activity out of anything on the site. I'm not saying to do it right that second, but I would put it on the top of your list of actions.
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:18 am

Technic Generation wrote:In my opinion, you might want to go ahead and proceed to disable the box of chat sooner than later. It gets the most activity out of anything on the site. I'm not saying to do it right that second, but I would put it on the top of your list of actions.

I'll see what happens but will take it into consideration.
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:35 am

If you really don't want anybody posting there or creating new topics, why not just lock the forum itself or, better yet, hide it from everybody but the Admins?
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:10 am

Daniel the Hedgehog wrote:If you really don't want anybody posting there or creating new topics, why not just lock the forum itself or, better yet, hide it from everybody but the Admins?

Tried locking it but didn't see a lock section for it. I will try to hide it until posts in other forums go way up.
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:26 am

You can lock it from the admin panel. I have enough form experience to do so. All you have to do is edit the forum and remove the ability for members to post in that one forum. Quite simple.
    Isabella
    Isabella

Post by Isabella Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:08 am

In my opinion, we shouldn't even have that section. It obviously will always start getting activity as soon as you enable it again. The bad thing about is that this host does not let us disable the post count so that it would somehow discourage people from posting since they won't get a high post count. Quality over quantity.

I am removing the forum all together, if in the future we decide to re enable it and know that the members won't abuse it, then it can be added again. For now, that section will cease to exist. I know that people will just start posting in there as soon as we put it back on. Like at SW, it was locked for some time but people went back to it anyway. Seriously, 2107 posts. That amount of posts should be somewhere else not at the forum games.

If activity still is slower due to the chatbox, we will disable it for a while.
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:05 am

Isabella wrote:In my opinion, we shouldn't even have that section. It obviously will always start getting activity as soon as you enable it again. The bad thing about is that this host does not let us disable the post count so that it would somehow discourage people from posting since they won't get a high post count. Quality over quantity.

I am removing the forum all together, if in the future we decide to re enable it and know that the members won't abuse it, then it can be added again. For now, that section will cease to exist. I know that people will just start posting in there as soon as we put it back on. Like at SW, it was locked for some time but people went back to it anyway. Seriously, 2107 posts. That amount of posts should be somewhere else not at the forum games.

If activity still is slower due to the chatbox, we will disable it for a while.

Agreed, there's tons of topics based on the games of Sonic I made that could use activity. And heck, I was planning on posting episodes of Sonic SatAM but I've become unable due to people not responding.
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:39 am

I think we might need to re-open and de-invisify the Site Games. Also might help to delete my account considering my history of being the Angel of Death for forums, although it might not work considering Hedgehog Cafe didn't recover despite my account on there being deleted.

Last edited by Daniel the Hedgehog on Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Got Snow Godess's site's name wrong...)
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:26 am

Update! The site games are back up in the form of the recreation area! The admins manged to let this one slip out!

Last edited by Daniel the Hedgehog on Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:30 am

Daniel the Hedgehog wrote:Update! The site games are back up in the form of the recreation area! The admins manged to let this one slip out!

The site games were taken down by Bella. I didn't slip it out. Come to think of it, I don't see the Random Motel forum up in the home page.
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:37 am

View the link. You need to change the links to a different color than black.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:24 am