Sonic Forever

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Loving Memory of Elle Grace Kelly. Rest in peace, Elle. ♥

4 posters

Sonic Unleashed: Differences between consoles?

Nado13579
    Nado13579

Sonic Unleashed: Differences between consoles? Empty Sonic Unleashed: Differences between consoles?

Post by Nado13579 Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:38 am

Well I'm planning on buying some Sonic games that I don't have, and one of them is Sonic Unleashed. The only two consoles I have that you have play Unleashed on are Wii and PS2, but from what I've heard they're not nearly as good as PS3 and 360, I've even heard from some that the Wii/PS2 versions outright SUCK.

So anyone who has played both, could you please tell me what some of the differences are, and if the Wii/PS2 versions really ARE worth playing? Smile Because if it's just minor difference to the graphics it doesn't bother me. Thanks in advance!
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Sonic Unleashed: Differences between consoles? Empty Re: Sonic Unleashed: Differences between consoles?

Post by Okuu Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:51 am

I thought it was released on the PS3 instead of the PS2.
    Nado13579
    Nado13579

Sonic Unleashed: Differences between consoles? Empty Re: Sonic Unleashed: Differences between consoles?

Post by Nado13579 Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:49 pm

I think they have it on both. But the Wii and PS2 versions are the same and so are the PS3 and XBox360. I'm thinking about getting the 360 console anyways, but I want to know if the Wii/PS2 are still worth playing.
    Nova X
    Nova X

Post by Nova X Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:58 pm

Little late but
    I have the 360 version, but neither Wii or PS2 version but, FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD....

The 360 version has more flexibility and tweaks; there's more little secret areas around levels and exploration to be done. The levels on both versions are really different apparently too. From what I've read there's more content exploration wise, AND, you actually get 3D hub worlds (The Wii version has a 2D menu.). And I know you said you didn't care about graphics but the 360 version is really beautiful as well and the Hub worlds are a blast to look around c:

Another thing is that I've heard that, for the Werehog, the controls are more difficult, and even though the levels are 'shorter', they're divided up into four acts (on the 360 there's just one for each continent.) Also the 360 version has extra Acts in the hub worlds (Ex. Act 2, 3).

So basically if your just looking to play through really fast the Wii version should be alright, but if your looking to do more exploration on the levels and want hub worlds for a longer experience, I would go ahead and get the Xbox. It sounds like both are rather diffrent though and sound like they'd both be fun to try out if you ever had the time to c:

A note on getting a 360; I say go for it <:
    Sonic Generations is absolutely lovely, and, as flamed as it is, Sonic 06 is fun as well as long as you can be patient through the minor glitches and loading times (Neither ever bothered me).

Hope everything goes well though and that I helped ya a bit :D
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:23 am

My cousin has a 360, and it is more than worth the investment, although paying for your Xbox Live membership is a bit outrageous. Then again, this is MICROSOFT we're talking about, so they're going to nickel and dime you to death on everything.
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:25 pm

I have the Wii version, and I don't believe Sonic Unleashed was sold on the PS2. The PS3 and 360 versions are of course, better overall than the Wii. Control, graphics, scenery. The cut-scenes are the same for all versions. And in the PS3 and 360, they have Empire City based off New York which isn't included in the Wii version.
    Nado13579
    Nado13579

Post by Nado13579 Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:33 am

Thanks so much!

Well I'm saving up money for an XBox 360 now so once I get it I'll definitely get Unleashed for it. I might try the Wii version too, if they're that different.

And I do like nice graphics, but I don't find them so big of a deal that I'd choose one over the other because of them. They're a bonus to me Smile
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:41 am

Rhys the Hedgehog wrote:I don't believe Sonic Unleashed was sold on the PS2.
    That's what I said! It's impossible for the PS2 to play Unleashed without massive cutbacks in graphics, gameplay, etc. The processor on the PS2 is simply incapable of handling the game without the heat melting the blasted thing, ruining a perfectly-working PS2.
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:13 am

Eh the PS2 would most likely be similar to the Wii version. The model for Sonic in the Wii of course is different, in terms of his fur color and such. The PS3 AND 360 are basically the model you see nowadays of Sonic in Colors and Generations.
    Nova X
    Nova X

Post by Nova X Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:24 am

Sonic Unleashed: Differences between consoles? Head-to-head-sonic-unleashed-20081212012346735-000

Sonic Unleashed: Differences between consoles? Head-to-head-sonic-unleashed-20081212012342032-000

Anywho

Glad to hear your getting an Xbox after all c:
    Not sure if your buying used but I would say that getting the Xbox slim over any of the old ones would be the best option ;a; It already comes with added hardrive and stuff.
    http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/33726/xbox-360-slim-vs-xbox-360

Anywho good luck!
    Okuu
    Okuu
    ☢ CAUTION ☢
    ☢ CAUTION ☢

Post by Okuu Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:31 am

Holy crap, they made a PS2 version?
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:37 am

I didn't know that either. And I can't tell if the PS2 is better or worse than the Wii version. I see a change of lightning definitely.
    Nado13579
    Nado13579

Post by Nado13579 Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:20 am

Heh, knew it! :3

So thanks Nova X for the link comparing the 360 to the Slim, but I think I'll just stick to the 360 because I can imagine the price drop quickly. And I won't be using the Internet on the XBox anyway because I've been told it costs money to use it on it, so the WiFi doesn't really affect me. But thanks anyways!
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Rhys the Porcupine
    Wielder of Eclipse
    Wielder of Eclipse

Post by Rhys the Porcupine Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:39 am

Yeah I probably think the Wii is better than PS2 due to the lightning change you can see for the model and environment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:40 pm